Who We Are
We’re celebrating 33 years in 2015 with a long and proud history of dedicated service to our Sumter County FL community.
Founded in 1982, our non-profit charitable organization operates solely with contributions from individuals, businesses and foundations.
Find out who we are and what we do
Our HS/SPCA networks with other rescues, including the Sumter County Animal Services to place as many animals in permanent loving homes, while raising the funds to build Central Florida’s First “Green” Animal Shelter in Sumter County.
- We recently expanded our animal housing on our five acre shelter site.
- We provide humane foster homes for special needs animals.
- We continue to provide public education in responsible pet ownership and care.
- We manage two pet assistance programs for qualifying Sumter County FL pet owners: “Kibbles on Wheels” free pet food assistance and “The Big Fix” Spay/Neuter vouchers.
- We are a volunteer-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization. All donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law..