So who wants to win some CASH and have a great day saving lives too??? We know…CASH IS KING!!! Get your tickets for a chance to win three CASH prizes of $1000, $750 & $500!
We are SOOOO excited about our upcoming fundraiser, the 4th Annual “Above Par For Animals” Golf Ball Drop, on Sat., October 22nd! Numbered golf balls will be dropping at NOON for a chance to win three CASH prizes of $1000, $750 & $500 hosted again at the George Nahas Chevrolet dealership on SR 44 in Wildwood, FL from 11am to 2pm alongside our other loyal corporate supporter ReMax Premier Realty.
Tickets are only $5 each (5 for $20) & can be purchased at many locations to be announced but starting on 8/26 Friday at the:
- HS/SPCA (994 CR 529A Lake Panasoffkee, 352-793-9117)
- *ReMax Premier Realty offices (13940 Hwy 441, Lady Lake; 352-753-2029, 1213 W. Miller St. Fruitland Park; 352-460-4633 or call a RE/MAX Premier Realty Agent)
- George Nahas Chevrolet (4135 E. State Rd. 44, Wildwood; 352-748-1122).
- Volunteers will also be offering tickets at Vendor Night in Lake Sumter Landing on 9/13, 9/15, 9/22, 10/4, 10/11 and at Brownwood Farmer’s Market on 9/24 Sat.
Our goal is to raise $15,000 in proceeds which will fund our programs reducing animal homelessness, neglect, hunger and pet overpopulation within Sumter County.
- Tethered hot air balloon rides for only a $5 donation/person from 9-11am (weather permitting)
- Deeee-licious food!
- Many local businesses who care about animals in need just like you do will be in attendance!
- Live Auction hosted by charismatic auctioneer Sean Donnelly of Blessed & Grateful Auctions in Wildwood
- Chance Auction filled with many sought-after items & gift baskets! (Buy your tickets for this at the event.)
- Talented caricaturist John Burgess will create a great souvenir!
- Live WVLG radio feed from 11am-1pm
- Our brave and skilled Sumter County Sheriff’s K9 officers will be demonstrating their talent efforts which keep us safe!
- Music will be provided by Emcee/Entertainer Carl Page
- and of course many precious adoptable animals will be there waiting to meet their best friend in you!
Stay tuned for more details & postings of the great auction items! Share this event and let’s help as many animals as possible with the proceeds we raise!
4th Annual Golf Ball Drop Full Rules 2016
Numbered golf balls correlating to numbered entry tickets, will be dropped from an elevated point over a designated hole. Once all balls have been dropped, determination of the winners will take place by three assigned organizing committee members who will display the balls that land in or closest to the hole. The Grand prize winning ball will be based on the ball that has landed closest to or in the designated hole then the next ball, and so forth, until all winning balls associated with corresponding prizes have been determined. Winners will be announced/notified during the event and posted online at www.hsspca.org as soon as possible after the winning balls are determined.
Each entry requires the participant’s name, address, phone/email address. Winners are defined as the participants whose names appear on the ticket entries corresponding to the numbered golf balls that are determined the closest or in the hole. Winners need not be present to win. No purchase or contribution is necessary. Participants acknowledge contest rules acceptance and must be 18 years or older. Odds of winning will be based on the number of tickets sold. Prizes not claimed within 30 calendar days will be donated to the Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, Inc.
All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Any taxes are the sole responsibility of individual winners who will be required to sign an IRS form W9 upon receipt of their prizes.
Eligibility: Golf Ball Drop committee members, employees, officers, directors of the Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, Inc., Remax Premier Realty, George Nahas Chevrolet and participating event vendors and auction donors are not eligible to purchase/win chance tickets in the “Cash is King” Golf Ball Drop component of the event.
Release of Liability: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Humane Society/SPCA of Sumter County, Inc., ReMax Premier Realty, George Nahas Chevrolet, participating vendors and prize/auction donors, and their respective Boards and affiliate companies as well as each such companies officers, directors, employees, volunteers and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Golf Ball Drop event or receipt, use, or misuse of any prize.